“Today, make the effort to live life with a positive outlook. Restrain from criticizing the people around you. Dare to see the glass half full. Listen more than you speak. Give freely of yourself. Practice kindness at every opportunity.”
So far today, I have done what was suggested and will continue working on it throughout the rest of the day. It would be hard to blog about each and every thing that went with this suggestion and maybe the people who are around me wouldn’t want me to blog about the things that I might criticize them for. That would be the antithesis of this gratitude challenge anyway! So, I’m going to blog about this topic, generally speaking.
Today’s challenge is really helping to develop a positive attitude and approach on life, which is something that I frequently talk about in this blog. Having a positive attitude just ‘feels’ better than having a negative one and it’s important to make having a positive attitude a daily habit. An optimistic view can make a huge impact on life EVERY SINGLE DAY!
As I’ve mentioned before, I am perpetually a positive thinker for the most part. For me, the glass is always half full- almost to a fault and sometimes this mindset can really annoy the people around me. 🙂 However, there are times when I can’t ALWAYS see the good. Like everyone else, I am human and there are days that are harder than others and I stumble.
So I know you’re asking yourself, “What can we do to achieve this?”
- Strive to find joy in every single day
- Choose to be happy. It IS a choice, so make sure that you are making the right one.
- When you can, rid your life of negativity.
- Share your happiness and joy with others, instead of only talking to people about just the negativity or only when bad things happen.
- Don’t fixate on the negative or negative thoughts. If there’s a point where not fixating becomes difficult, do something or find an activity that occupies your mind. Such as reading a book, Sudoku, doing a puzzle, etc.
- Get a good night’s rest! Believe me; things look better after 8 hours of deep sleep!
- Reconnect with old friends
- Do something JUST FOR YOU AND ONLY FOR YOU.
- Laugh. As they say, “laughter is the best medicine” and it really is true. Watch comedic movies, go to a comedy show, laugh at yourself, and find humor in every day life.