I found this old blog today and just HAD to share it! I love it and it’s still funny!
October 7, 2008
Okay, so a certain employee has been missing from work for months now, let’s call her “Dora”. Lately, I have realized that work and my life in general has been less complete without her. So, I thought that I would come up with a list of reasons on why I miss Dora.
1. Her laughter might come an inappropriate times, but at least she’s laughing. Then, when she laughs, it makes me laugh which in turn makes my day brighter.
2. She randomly sings love songs.
3. She speaks to invisible people.
4. She will work in any area without complaint and she usually does a good job filling in. SHE DOESN’T COMPLAIN! Which is a whole lot more than I can say for a lot of my other employees.
5. She’s a model, enough said.
6. Staff meetings just aren’t the same without her short shorts, breast baring tanks, and dog collars.
7. She always has a funny (or weird) story to tell, which again makes my day brighter.
8. There’s just not enough random laughter around without her.
9. Our toilet paper stock seems to last longer.
10. No one repeats what I just said and then asks a question about what I said like I just didn’t say it.
11. Her awesome collection of trashy romance novels.
12. No one else can quite pull off black lipstick like she does.
Seriously though, life is better with Dora at work. I don’t know why, it’s just like the wind. You can’t see it or exactly what it does, but you know it’s there. Without the wind, the earth is incomplete and without Dora, work and my life in general is not the same.